A Proactive Approach to a Healthy Mouth
General Dentistry Bridgeport
Your oral health has a direct effect on your overall health, and taking good care of your teeth will not only keep your smile looking healthy and beautiful, but will save you hundreds, even thousands of dollars in medical bills. DeJesus Dental Group’s general dentistry practice in Bridgeport focuses on educating patients about the importance of preventive oral care. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships with our patients to ensure that their health is maintained for the rest of their lives. If you are in need of a dentist who will treat you with compassion and respect, and who will take the best care of your teeth, look no further - contact DeJesus Dental Group today.
Video: General Dentistry
DeJesus Dental Group offers general dental care, from routine cleanings to a full mouth reconstruction. Patients can rely on DeJesus Dental Group as their one-stop for oral care. With a team of specialists onsite, they have the expertise to optimize your oral health.
The Services We Provide
The general dentistry strategies we use at our Bridgeport practice in order to protect your teeth from damage and decay are state of the art and continually advancing. Some of our services include:
- Routine exams and cleanings: A professional cleaning can reach the plaque and bacteria that is easily missed by your average toothbrush. Having one of our doctors examine your mouth on a regular basis also gives us a chance to spot any problems in their early stages.
- X-rays: Digital X-rays give us a chance to recognize problems that may not be visible to the naked eye. Cavities between your teeth or problems below the gum line may go unnoticed without X-ray technology.
- Mouth guards: Grinding or clenching your teeth at night can cause excessive wear that may lead to more serious problems down the road. Night guard therapy involves fitting you with a comfortable, soft plastic tray, similar to an athletic mouth guard, which will protect your smile from such habits.
- Fillings and sealants: Sealants are used to protect your teeth from decay. If decay has already developed, the damaged material will be removed and replaced by a filling, which will protect your smile from further harm.
- Periodontics: When your gums have been damaged by periodontal (gum) disease, our team of experts can eliminate the disease-causing bacteria and restore the health of your mouth. Offering both surgical and non-surgical treatments, DeJesus Dental Group can meet a wide array of needs.
The way you care for your teeth at home is critical to your oral health. Brushing your teeth with fluoride toothpaste and flossing at least twice a day are two of the most basic habits that will benefit your dental health. Brushing and flossing removes plaque and bacteria build up that can lead to gum disease or tooth decay. Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet also plays a large role in maintaining your smile. Foods that are high in sugar and carbohydrates feed bacteria that produce plaque. Being aware of the consequences of poor dental care can also be powerful motivation to create good hygiene habits.
Learn More about General Dentistry
If you are looking for a dentist who can help you maintain your long-term oral health and has the knowledge and experience to provide you with the best in general dentistry, contact our Bridgeport office today to schedule a consultation.